Tuesday, December 8, 2009

web 2.0

For my last post I thought I would share, although it has already been posted before on this Blog, a video that provides insight into hypertext and the reality of the web 2.0. The video shows how search engines like Google can take the pulse of society as we type into the search box what we need or feel. Interestingly enough, this video is right on par with some of the ideas in our book Communication and Cyberspace. Our book allowed us to "examine virtual reality and the perception of immersion generated by cyberspace technologies, as well as hypertext and hypermedia as new forms of steering through the electronic landscape." It is interesting to note that our computers can now deliver us with more personalized ads based on past things we've searched for.


3 comments:

  1. I almost posted this video, before I realized that you did. I think it provides an interesting perspective. Now that we are in Web 2.0, the web really is using us as opposed to the other way around. It uses us to create content and expand it's scope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advertising has broke ground on a whole new way to entice consumers. Recognizing web patterns of internet users, and relating patterns to what the users may like, has dramatically increased the probability that the user will show interest in the ad. I think it is a good thing, rather than sifting through things I don't want, the internet has brought to me the things that I may want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video was already posted on our blog, though. And in any event, you should embed it, not just give the URL (unless embedding is disabled). There also is something wrong with the formatting of your text.

    ReplyDelete