Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Alice in Cyberland

We talked about mash-ups and remixes today in class, so I thought I'd post a cool one. It is a video that uses footage from Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" to create a song. I'm not sure if the song is user created or comes from someone else. We talked about who owns media content today. Originally, Disney owned the video content, but the user has remixed it so it could be considered their intellectual property now. My guess is that Disney accepts this because the "Alice" video has been up for quite awhile. Please enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. that's a pretty cool video and a catchy song! it makes me wonder where you can draw the line as far as media ownership? it's seems almost too hard to regulate at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really genuinely liked this song. It was really cool seeing how he was able to extract different sections of the movie and create a really great ambient song. When I showed the song to a friend, he showed me this link which is an interesting variation on the video there. The site just recreates YouTube videos in a massive format based upon parameters the person sets.

    http://www.yooouuutuuube.com/v/?rows=18&cols=18&id=pAwR6w2TgxY&startZoom=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice video, but after an entire semester, you still don't know how to embed a video in a blog post?

    ReplyDelete